Friday, August 17, 2012

Rude.

As I was in the break room washing my cherries, without a word, a dude just sneaks up behind me to wash his pear - despite the fact that I was still working on cleaning my cherries.  Like, his arm just came up out of nowhere around me to use the sink.  It was the most bizarre thing ever.  Then, the dude proceeds to walk to the trashcan in the corner to eat his pear.  I had to scoot around him to get a plate, fork, and knife for my cherries (I don't like to crunch into the pits - I'd rather just cut them out beforehand), and he just says "I have to eat this pear over the trashcan.  It's so messy!"




If your pear is so messy that you have to eat it over a trashcan, it's probably rotten.  I mean, seriously.  Rude.  And weird.


Anyway, enough about my encounters with the strange, let's get down to business!  Today is untried mani #10, which also happens to be a major fail.

I have a love hate relationship with oranges and corals.  Sometimes, if the color is just right, I can pull them off.  However, more often than not, I simply just can't do coral, salmon, or orange.  I guess I'm kind of glad I went to a college with red and black as their primary colors!  Anyway, back on to nail polish.  Today, I tried out OPI Equadorable Coral, Girly Bits Jelly Shoes, and Pretty and Polished Beach Bunny.

Do you see the gorgeous gold/yellow flashes in Equadorable Coral?  What about the pretty blue in Jelly Shoes?

Equadorable Coral is an older OPI from the Spring 2002 South American collection.  It has a black label, which means it was made before OPI certified that their polishes were big three free.  It's also considered very hard to find since it's no longer in production.  I happened upon this gorgeous little guy on a recent dusty hunt, and I snapped him right up.  Like many of the black label OPIs, Equadorable Coral applied like a dream.  It was opaque in almost 1 coat, but I applied 2 to be safe.  Jelly Shoes by Girly Bits is part of her summer Slapdash collection and can be purchased from her store on Big Cartel.  It's a jelly that required 3 coats to be opaque.  It looks so squishy and delicious, doesn't it?!  Like all of Pam's Girly Bits, Jelly Shoes applied very easily.  The flashes of blue seriously make this polish.  She currently has Jelly Shoes in stock, and I would highly recommend you purchasing the entire collection.  

See the coral doesn't look terrible, but it doesn't look great.  Not like Jelly Shoes, which will get its own post soon.  Omg, Jelly Shoes is HOT!

Then, here comes the real and massive fail, I added Pretty and Polished Beach Bunny on top.  I'm not sure why, but I just couldn't get into this polish at all.  The hubby said it looked gross and that I needed to get rid of it.  Charming, isn't he?  

Hot mess.

I'm not really sure what it is that rubs me the wrong way.  I guess the larger pink and fuchsia hexes just seemed really out of place.  Especially the darker pink on my thumb.  Plus, the matte white hexes just seemed to go on very thick and clumpy.  I'm sure some thinner would've evened them out a little bit, but I don't really want to take the time out to add any and try again.  From the little time I wore this polish, I just couldn't get into it at all.  Even the pretty pink flashes from Jelly Shoes couldn't save this manicure.

The hot pink tries to pull this mani out of disaster, but falls short.

Needless to say, I plan to sell both Beach Bunny and Equadorable Coral, and they should be listed on my sale page by Sunday.  Well, we've kind of had a ton of flops on the blog lately!  Sorry about that!  The next post will be positive.  Promise!  Although, we are at 21 followers!!!!! 4 more and I can open up the Color Club giveaway!!!

Anyway, I have tons to do this weekend.  After being sick and home from work all week, I have to try and make up those hours this weekend.  Plus, my parents are in town, so I plan to hang out with my family this weekend.  Lots of things to do!  Hope you all have a fantastic and safe weekend!

What are your plans for the weekend?  Do you have nail polish colors that look bad on you without fail?

No comments:

Post a Comment