Friday, October 19, 2012

Breast Cancer Awareness Part 4: Pink Polishes Galore!

Like the rest of this week, today has been uber busy.  I'm pooped and ready for bed, but I really wanted to make sure I got a post in today.  I have tons of pink polishes I haven't shown you yet, so I'll leave you with pink polishes galore!  [WARNING: this is a very pic heavy post!]

OPI DS Elegance



It applied well, like all OPI DS's.  It lasted a few days, too, which is saying something when you think about how often I change my polish!

Dollish Polish Random Dancing




While this isn't necessarily a pink polish, I layered it over DS Elegance.  I really like how this looked!  Random Dancing had more orange than I thought it would, which was a bit of a turn off.  However, I really love the multicolored squares.  They just make this polish.  Easily applied, but you'll need to store it upside down so you can get the squares out.

Gelish You're So Sweet You're Giving me a Toothache & Dollish Aurora Borealis




I love wearing gels when my nails are healthy.  I have had to really work hard on getting my nails to a decent state, so I decided I would toss on some gels to celebrate!  Notice how they're getting a bit longer?  Yay!  Toothache is a gorgeous baby pink creme, but I got a little bored with just straight up creme.  I decided to toss on Aurora Borealis, and I really like the look.  The pink-to-blue color shift in the Dollish is just gorgeous, but understated enough that I didn't mind wearing it to a few networking lunches.

Lac Attack Hell on Heels




If you like fine matte glitter polishes, you'll love this one!  It has pink, blue, and yellow, in a faintly pink base.  Like most fine matte polishes, you need to dab it for it to spread properly.  It also tended to thicken up quickly.  Here, I have it layered over my Gelish mani.

Lynnderella Matter of the Heart




As I mentioned in my comparison post yesterday, MotH is a bit of a pain to apply.  The hearts were almost impossible to get out.  I only got lucky on my thumb because I had stored the bottle upside down while I prepped my nails.  I hated how it came out in the comparison post, so I decided to just use one coat on top of my Gelish mani.  It ended up looking really good that way.  Next time I use it, I definitely plan to add some thinner.

Maisie Shine Fairy Floss




Again, as I mentioned yesterday, Fairy Floss is on the thicker side and the glitters were a massive pain to get out.  Once I did get them out, the bars didn't stay flat on my nail.  I received it in a swap, and while it is pretty, I'm not sure this is one I will keep.

Lacquer Convention Galinda




This is two coats over my Gelish mani, and I really like the way it came out.  The Gelish gave the polish depth, but using two coats still kept the squishy jelly sandwich look.

Whimsical Ideas by Pam My Friend Carol & NYC Matte




I wore MFC over my Gelish mani as well.  I mean, it was on, so why not keep it on while I wear all of my pretty pink polishes?  Once I applied MFC, I knew it would look amazing mattified.  In fact, I'm pretty sure that you can find matte pictures of MFC on Pam's Facebook page!  I got the NYC Fast Dry Matte top coat to see how different it would be from Essie Matte About You, and it was very different.  Firstly, it didn't dry as quickly, so I didn't have to worry about clumping or dragging.  Secondly, the matte wasn't as strong as MAY.  The biggest difference: about $6.  I purchased NYC at Riteaid.


Lacquerhead Polish Baby Girl




Again, I wore this over my Gelish mani.  This is two coats, but I'm pretty sure it would look great with just one coat over undies.  I think I may try to jelly sandwich it sometime, but I'm not sure how that would work since it's a creme.


Here is the ordering information for each of these polishes.  OPI DS polishes can be found at ULTA, but Elegance has been discontinued.  You'll most likely find the holo DS's at salons.  You can get Gelish products from Amazon or Sally's, but know that they are SOG's, so they aren't normal polishes.  Dollish Polish: BigCartel, Llarowe, Overall Beauty, Facebook.  Lac Attack: Etsy, Facebook.  Lynnderella: blogeBay.  Maisie Shine: EtsyFacebook.  Lacquer Convention: EtsyFacebook.  Whimsical Ideas by Pam: Facebook.  Lacquerhead Polish:EtsyFacebook.   

And that's it!  I hope that everyone takes away the most important point about this week: breast cancer awareness.  While pink polishes are really pretty, self-examination and knowledge is more important!  Take care of yourselves!

I can't wait to show you guys my game-day nails tomorrow!  I really like the way they came out this time!  Next week we'll discuss another issue that sits close to my heart, so stay tuned for that.  I may only do one or two days with several swatches to make sure I have enough time to get to all of my Halloween polishes!  The Halloween Giveaway has just ended, so give me a day or so to confirm your over 800 entries.  I'll have an announcement early Sunday morning!

Do you wear SOGs (Soak Off Gels)?

No comments:

Post a Comment