Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Depression Awareness Part 2: Elevation & Dollish Polish

I had a little bit of time after my class today to swatch some.  I hate just swatching without being able to actually wear the mani.  It frustrates me.  I can't cross a polish off of my untrieds list if I haven't worn it for at least 24 hours.  Ugh.  Anyway, I still can't wear fun polish as I have another day of class tomorrow.  Luckily, I guess nail-wise, my client meeting for Friday was rescheduled to next Tuesday, so I'll be able to finally wear some fun stuff after I get home tomorrow!  Right now, this is what I have on: Gelish Sheek White, RCM Glitteratzi over the tips, and Gelish Simple Sheer (the biggest pain in the butt!!!!).  Simple sheer is evil.  You don't realize you've missed a spot until well after you've finished your mani.  I think I'm going to start using Glitteratzi or Light Elegant instead of Simple Sheer until I get a better grasp on application.  Also, to spice it up just a little, I'm going to add OPI What's Dune? on top so I don't get so bored.

Check out that janky pointer finger!  It's patched and looks a little rough...

Check out my post yesterday regarding Depression Awareness.  If you suffer from depression and feel like your life is out of control, it's not too late to get help!  Anyway, on to the greeeeen!  Today, I was able to swatch Elevation Torres del Paine and Dollish Polish Urban Camo.



Elevation Torres del Paine is a dusty army green that applies like butter.  The consistency, application, and finish remind me of Pic de Sotllo.  Unfortunately, I couldn't get my camera to accurately capture the color, so it looks a little brighter/yellower here than it does in real life.  This is one coat.  You read that correctly.  One coat.  It has a gorgeous shine and rubbery finish that I simply adore!  Plus, the little bits I got on my cuticles came off with ease.


I topped Torres del Paine with Dollish Polish Urban Camo.  Urban Camo is a clear based polish with a mix of square and hex glitters in white, black, chartreuse, and grass green.  I got this polish on a whim back when I was just buying everything that was hyped, and I'm so very glad I did.  It is one of the rare glitter top coats that I actually really really like.  The glitters came out easily and spread without much work on my part, which is a sign of a fantastic polish.


Check out this closeup!  I'm actually pretty pleased with it for once.



You can purchase Elevation Polishes here on the 7th and 22nd of every month.  You can also follow her blog, I Dig Brown Nail Polish for news and updates.  You can purchase Dollish Polish at her store, Llarowe, and Overall Beauty.   You can follow her on Facebook for news and updates.

Do you have a polish you think is perfect?

2 comments:

  1. I pretty much like every polish I've ever used so it's hard to pick one that I feel is perfect.

    ReplyDelete