Wednesday, October 31, 2012

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

Omg.  My favorite day of the year, and I had to go to traffic court.  Ugh!!!  At least it was quick and relatively painless (other than taking a chunk of change outta my bank account).  Ahh well.  This year was no different than other years - we have had a grand total of 0 trick-or-treaters.  It's such a bummer!  I didn't get all dressed up this time because I feel like it's a bit of a waste of time.  Luckily, we did have our annual costume party a few weeks ago!  The hubs and I went as Harry and Hermione (he had the Potter jersey and I had the naturally huge hair).  It's not as elaborate as our Doctor Who costume from last year, but I'm still pleased.

We chose to do the 4th book/movie since the hubby's hair is so long.  So he's holding our version of the TriWizard Cup.

Oh, and I had time to carve a pumpkin, too!  This is my attempt at a free-hand TARDIS.  Yes.  I'm a dork, and I love it.


Here are a few of my Halloween manis that I haven't had a chance to show you guys yet!

Here are Elevation Sarychev and Nyamuragira.  Look at that succulent jelly!!!  I am normally not an orange fan, but this orange is one I could wear all the time.  It actually looked really good with my pale skin.  Nya is grey with gold, silver, and iridescent shimmer, black hexes, and purple flakies.  So pretty!  Oh, sorry about the super dry skin.  It looks so bad!  I didn't want to douse my cuticles in oil, though, because I was about to add my stamps.




You can't see flakies in my swatch pictures, so I caught some in the bottle shot.


I topped them off with stamps from my new Bundle Monster plates using Konad Special White and Black, China Glaze Passion, and Revlon Metallic.  I'm not really sure what the plate numbers are off the top of my head, but I can get them for you guys if you want them.



Next up is Dollish Polish Zombie Flesh.  It's a fetid green polish with gold shimmer and gold, green, and black glitters.  It applied so so well and built up nicely.  This is four coats.



Last up is what I have on right now!  China Glaze Grape Crush undies with Dollish Polish Deadly Nightshade and What's This? What's This? as an accent.  Grape Crush is a deep purple that leans more red than blue with holographic dust.  It's not a scattered holo, it's more like stars piercing the night sky.  Sadly, it's discontinued, so I had to snag my bottle at a salon nearby.  To avoid bubbling, I used two coats of What's This so that I could build it up a little more.  All of the glitters came out pretty well.  You can see my review of What's This here.  Nightshade is a pretty purple based polish with purple, fuchsia, and blue/teal glitters.  I plan to do a full review of it and the remaining Dollish This is Halloween Collection polishes that I haven't reviewed yet.  You can see the glitter top coats from the collection here.


Remember, Halloween isn't over on the blog yet, so stay tuned for a few more Halloween themed polishes!  As you can tell from my last swatch shot, my nails are shorter.  I took my SOGs off for a week or so, and my middle and pointer fingers decided they didn't want to stay long anymore.  My heart hurt when I filed them down.  I finally got them to a decent length and two broke.  Needless to say, I have on SOGs again now, which is why it looks so thick above.  Also, ignore the wonky pointer finger.  It's a super terrible patch job since I couldn't cut it down to the tear, which was waaaaaaaaaay deep and would probably bleed.

You can purchase Elevation here and Dollish at her store, Llarowe, and Overall Beauty.

What did you wear for your Halloween mani?  Did you wear a costume?

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the costumes! Zombie Flesh! <3 I have both formulas. So grotesquely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's the other formula like? I really like the one I got. I only got the mini bottle because I wasn't sure how much I'd like it. I'm glad I got the mini instead of passing it up because it's actually really pretty.

      Delete
  2. I love the costumes! I also love that orange polish looks like orange flavoured jelly! yummm.

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha love the first picture so fun and I love your halloween manis so cute

    ReplyDelete