Tuesday, April 2, 2013

So. Yeah. Sorry about that.

So.  Yeah.  I've been really sick lately, and I'm getting really tired of it.  Also, work's been insane.  And and and.  We're looking at buying a house (wahoo!!), so we've been busy with all that.  So.  Yeah.  Sorry I've been away for so long.  I've really hated not blogging, so I'm going to try and get a quick post up tonight beofe I have to get back to work.  I promise, I'm not usually this whiny.  Sometimes.

Tonight, we're going to take a look at one of the new China Glaze Hologlam holographic polishes, Take a Trek!




Color: Teal


Finish: Holographic – pigment gives polish a rainbow in the sunshine.


Bottle / Brush: China Glaze brush – lid is a little hard to hold if you have problems grasping things.  The length and width of the brush are average with average application.


Opacity: Medium – achieves opacity at three coats.
Glitter Application: N/A


Consistency: Medium – applies easily and doesn’t flood the cuticles.


Overall Ease of Application: Medium – applies well with minimal pooling, dragging, streaking, or balding.  Spreads well without much manipulation.  I was really pleased to see that the formula on the Hologlams is much nicer than the formula for their old holo line, OMG.  While these do dry quickly, which means you have to work quickly to get the polish on so it won't clump, Take a Trek didn't bald or show all of the imperfections in my nail bed like the OMGs do.  I am truly impressed by this line.


Stampability: Not tested for stamping.
Dry Time: Quick – dry to the touch without smudging in under 3 minutes.


Overall Thoughts: The new China Glaze Hologlams are seriously beautiful.  Don't trust bottle shots.  They look like foils in the bottle.  However, once you get them on the nail, they show their true colors.  I've tried to show the holo effect in both sunlight and artificial light.  Are they as in your face as the Color Club Halo Hues?  No.  I don't think it's the same pigment, so I don't expect them to be truly comparable.  Are they as vibrant as the OMGs?  Compared to the ones I have, yes.  I'll have a comparison of Take a Trek and DV8 this Thursday.  The holo is much more linear than any OPI DS or Enchanted polish I own.  It's a smaller particle that looks unassuming in the bottle but packs quite a punch on the nail, as you can see in my photos.  I think these are a vast improvement over the OMG collection, but they are nowhere near as vibrant as the Halo Hues.  It's a more delicate look, which I appreciate.

I purchased my Hologlams at Sallys.  I'm not really sure if you can purchase them elsewhere at this time.  I only started out with four to see if I liked them, and I'm now planning to purchase the rest of the line, which I don't often do.

Do you have any of the Hologlams?  Which is your favorite?

*I was not financially compensated for this post.  All items in this review were purchased by me for my own use.  The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.  For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy in the tab above.*

1 comment: