Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Vampink!

Well, tonight we're rewatching the last episode of Doctor Donna.  So sad...  Donna Noble is totally my favorite Doctor Who companion.  Anyway, tonight I'm going to show you one of my top favorite polishes, Lynnderella Vampink!  I won't speak to the drama, but I will say that I like to buy polishes that pique my interest or that I find pretty or attractive.  That's definitely the case with Vampink!  I received a decant from a friend, but I loved it so much that I had to buy my own full sized bottle.


*I was not financially compensated for this post.  All items in this review were purchased by me for my own use.  The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.  For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy in the tab above.*


Color: A dark berry jelly base with fine berry holo glitters and black and berry squares and black hexes.
Finish: Glitter Jelly – glitter in a colored jelly base.


Bottle / Brush: This is from a mini bottle, but here's info for the normal bottle: Rectangle bottle – ribbed cap that is a little hard on the hands to open if you have sensitive skin.  The wand is the standard length, but the brush is a little too thin to pick up large / shaped glitter without fishing.  The brush's width is also an issue for spreading.  It doesn't fan out and pretty much requires you to dab polishes that are densely packed with glitter.
Opacity: Low – it requires several coats for opacity, but you'll never really get rid of visible nail line.  Here, I have one coat over Elevation Toubkal.


Glitter Application: Easy – Spreads evenly without much manipulation.  The first time I wore this, it was a massive pain to apply.  However, I think it was because it was a decant that needed a little thinner.  Once I added the thinner, application was flawless!
Consistency: Medium – applies easily and doesn’t flood the cuticles.


Overall Ease of Application: Medium – applies well with minimal pooling, dragging, streaking, or balding.  Spreads well with the dab method.
Stampability: Not designed for stamping.
Dry Time: Medium – dry to the touch with minimal smudging in 3-8 minutes.


Overall Thoughts:  I love this polish.  It's a fantastic vampy glitter bomb that is blindingly shiny.  The holo glitters give depth while the squares and larger hexes provide a 3-D effect.  The glitters spread so smoothly and easily, that the dab method isn't even really necessary.  I used it anyway, but you could get a more sparse look with normal application.  I haven't tried matting it yet, but I think that could also be a fun way to wear it.  I can't really place exactly why I love Vampink, but I just really really do.  The jewel tone is so rich that I just can't help but be entranced by it.  

You can purchase Lynnderella polishes at their eBay store.  Also, go there to sign up for their newsletter!  Follow their blog, as well as their fan-run Facebook and Instagram pages for news and updates on new collections.  Also, they're hosting an amazing giveaway right now, so go check out the details here!

What's your favorite jewel-tone glitter?

2 comments: