Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A glitter gradient!

Wow, I've got a lot of things I'm working on that will, hopefully, translate into awesome things for you guys!  I cannot wait to spill the beans, but I must figure out all the details first.  Hehehe, I'm not gunna lie, I'm liking these teasers, y'all.  Hah!  Anyway, tonight, I'm going to show you guys a glitter gradient I did earlier this year over my Comparison Thursday Starry Starry Night comparison with Cosmos.  Love her or hate her, it doesn't matter to me because I like to stay out of the politics, but I do love this polish - Lynnderella When the Moon was a Star.


*I was not financially compensated for this post.  All items in this review were purchased by me for my own use.  The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.  For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy in the tab above.*


Color: Clear base with blue and holo blue hexes and holo silver stars and moons.
Finish: Glitter Top Coat – glitter in a clear base to be worn as a top coat.


Bottle / Brush: Rectangle bottle – ribbed cap that is a little hard on the hands to open if you have sensitive skin.  The wand is the standard length, but the brush is a little too thin to pick up large / shaped glitter without fishing.  The brush's width is also an issue for spreading.  It doesn't fan out and pretty much requires you to dab polishes that are densely packed with glitter.
Opacity: Glitter topcoat – not designed for full opacity.  Although, WtMwaS is sooooo densely packed with glitter, that you could probably do a crazy glitter overload with a couple layers.  Remember to either use the foil method or a glue base if you go that route to help with removal.


Glitter Application: Medium – requires the dab method, but spreads evenly.  Here, I used the dab method with the brush on my tips instead of using a sponge like I normally do for gradients.
Consistency: Thick – thick or it can be clumpy, but is easily remedied with some polish thinner.
Overall Ease of Application: Medium – applies well with minimal dragging or balding.  Spreads well with the dab method.


Stampability: Not designed for stamping.
Dry Time: Medium – dry to the touch with minimal smudging in 3-8 minutes.


Overall Thoughts: I think this glitter topper was a perfect mate to my Galaxy Nails in a Bottle duo.  It helped finish the galaxy look with the added stars and moons.  They were easy to get out of the bottle, but I do recommend flipping it upside down before using it for a few minutes to make sure you get as many as you want.  I haven't worn this polish over my whole nail yet, but that's something I plan to do soon.  As for now, it worked great with this gradient.  Removal was a pain, as per usual with glitter bombs, but I used my trusty felt pad soaked in acetone trick, and it came off decently easy.  Ain't nobody got time for the foil method.


You can purchase Lynnderella polishes from their store here.  Follow the fan run Love Lynnderella Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for news, updates, and giveaways!

What's your favorite galaxy in a bottle polish?

*I was not financially compensated for this post.  All items in this review were purchased by me for my own use.  The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.  For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy in the tab above.*

2 comments:

  1. I love this Lynn! So pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I really really like it. I can't wait to wear it again. I think I'm going to make a navy jelly to sandwich it with!

      Delete