Thursday, November 21, 2013

Comparison Thursday: Pale Pink Indie Holos

First thing's first.  I'm selling grab bags again!  I've lowered the price to $25, which includes domestic US shipping, PayPal invoice fee, and 7 polishes.  Contents of the grab bag will be 7 polishes consisting of 2 full size drugstore brands, 1 mini (either indie, drugstore, or salon), 2 full size salon brands, and 2 full size indies.  THESE BAGS INCLUDE HTF AND DC INDIES AND EACH BAG WILL HAVE AT LEAST 1 HOLOGRAPHIC!  The DC polishes are ones that came out last year that have been discontinued for a very long time.  Those will be going first, so grab one while you can!  I will be accommodating with color and finishes, but I can't tell you which polishes are available or let you choose the polishes that will go into your bag as that's too time consuming.  Please email me at wishesofablueeyedgirl@gmail.com for inquiries.  Please include your paypal address as well as your favorite/least favorite colors and finishes.  For more information, check out my blog page: http://wishesofablueeyedgirl.blogspot.com/p/blog-sale-or-swap_17.html.

Ok, now that the shameless plug is out of the way, let's get down to the comparisons!  I've chosen Enchanted Polish September 2013, Enchanted Polish J'Adore, and Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquer We Saved the World, I Say We Party! (aka Buffy) from the Once More with Feeling Collection.  Let's take a look at how they compare below.


As you can see from the bottle shot, the colors are quite different.  Buffy is a more greyed out pink that leans lilac.  September is a rose, and J'Adore is a super pale and dainty pink.


The rainbow effect is minimal in J'Adore to almost non-existent.  It's relatively strong in Buffy, but this lighting doesn't showcase it very well.  September, however, is the most brightly rainbowed.  Yes, rainbowed is now a real word...


As for application, Buffy was very easy to work with and only required two coats.  There isn't any dragging or balding like with so many other holographics.  You also don't need to use an aqua base.  September comes in second in terms of application.  It was also a two coater, but it was a bit thick in comparison.  Lastly, J'Adore is just so sheer that it required four coats, which means that it took forever to dry.  The consistency also wasn't all that great as it was also a bit thick.


So, there you have it!  You can purchase Enchanted Polishes at her store as well as several e-tailers.  Follow Chelsea at her Facebook and IG for news and updates on releases.  My polishes are available at my store here.  Follow me on Facebook and IG for news and updates on new polishes, releases, sales, and giveaways!

So, now that I've featured one of my own polishes for Comparison Thursday, is this something that you'd like to see more often?  What polishes would you like to see compared from my line?  Let me know in the comments, and I'll see if I have them!  I don't try to intentionally dupe other polishes, so any such duplication is purely coincidental.  Often times, I'll have worked on something for several months before release, and then once it's released another polish comes out just like it.  Either way, though, I'm always glad to show you comparisons, and that includes comparisons using my own polishes!

2 comments:

  1. Great comparison. I hate EP restocks so I always like to see other options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey nice post mehn. I love your style of blogging here. The way you writes reminds me of an equally interesting post that I read some time ago on Daniel Uyi's blog: An Inspiration For When No One Cares About Your Dreams .
    keep up the good work.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete