Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Life is Short...

... And You are Hot.  


One of my all time favorite episodes of any show ever.  And I don't think I'm exaggerating...  Doctor Who episode Don't Blink was the first episode of Doctor Who that I ever saw, and it was just so creepy that it pulled me into the world of Doctor Who for good.  So, when I saw that Lucky 13 had a Doctor Who collection, I just had to own a few - especially Life is Short and You are Hot.  Bear with my photos tonight as they are from last summer with my old setup.  My nails are in rehab again, so I'll be pulling out older photos for a bit.

I purchased this polish.


Color: Bright fuchsia jelly with fuchsia holographic glitters.
Finish: Glitter Jelly – glitter in a colored jelly base.


Bottle / Brush:  Tall round bottles with round cap - the cap is a little awkward to hold because it’s so round but also pretty short.  If you have a hard time holding caps, this bottle type might be difficult for you.  The wand and brush are long and slender allowing you to grab glitters from deeper within the bottle but making it a little more difficult to get the larger glitter pieces to stay on the brush.


Opacity: Medium – achieves opacity at two coats.
Glitter Application: Easy – Spreads evenly without much manipulation.


Overall Ease of Application: Easy – applies well without pooling, dragging, streaking, or balding.  Spreads evenly and smoothly.
Stampability: Not designed for stamping.


Dry Time: Medium – dry to the touch with minimal smudging in 3-8 minutes.


Overall Thoughts:  Overall, I really liked this polish, both for the sentimental factor and because it's just a gorgeous polish.  The jelly was perfectly opaque in two coats with lovely glitter coverage.  The glitter to base ratio was nice, but I would've liked to have seen more variation in sizes of the glitters to give more depth.  Application was super easy and dry time was great.  It didn't require any extra topcoat and was perfectly glossy with one coat of KBShimmer's Clearly on Top.

You can purchase Lucky 13 polishes at her store.  Follow her on Facebook for news and updates.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this polish! LiSaYaH is my favorite pink ever, and I am not a fan of pink in most situations.

    ReplyDelete