Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pretty Little Liars: The Spy Who Loved Me

Tonight's #RedCoatThursday will focus on just a plain red mani without any dressing or art.  Sadly, it's also the last PLL post for the season.  The choice for this post was pretty easy to make because who doesn't like a spy amongst friends in your favorite tv shows?  So, that being said, let's take a look at OPI The Spy Who Loved Me!

The rules are easy: 1) paint your nails red.  2) Add a design if you want, but make sure it's still predominantly red.

I purchased this polish myself.



Color: Red with red and gold glass shimmers.
Finish: Shimmer – a polish that shimmers in the light due to fine particles that refract light.


Bottle / Brush: OPI Mini bottle – designed as a miniature version of the larger bottles.  The shorter handle and wand make it hard to handle.  The brush is also not as wide as the new pro-brush.


Opacity: Medium – achieves opacity at three to four coats.  This is three coats with one coat of KBShimmer's Clearly on Top.


Glitter Application: Easy – Spreads evenly without much manipulation.
Consistency: Medium – applies easily and doesn’t flood the cuticles.


Overall Ease of Application: Easy – applies well without pooling, dragging, streaking, or balding.  Spreads evenly and smoothly. 


Stampability: Not tested for stamping.
Dry Time: Medium – dry to the touch with minimal smudging in 3-8 minutes.


Overall Thoughts: This was the first time I actually didn't mind a polish in those stupid OPI mini bottles. Application was super easy and didn't require cleanup at all. This was a nice palate cleanser, even though it's red, because I didn't busy it up with glitter. It also wasn't a stainer, which is fantastic, as most reds stain either my nails or the skin around my nails when I remove it. I'm sure I probably could've used only two coats, but I decided to go with three to ensure there weren't any bald spots that showed up when I took the photos. Otherwise, I really liked this polish but will probably still sell it since I'm trying to reduce my stash significantly.

You can purchase OPI polishes at most beauty supply shops as well as some drug stores and Target.


I purchased this polish myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment