Wednesday, July 2, 2014

As Borrowed From... Lynnderella Sugar Magnolia

Sometimes, there are some seriously special people in your life that will allow you to borrow some amazingly special polishes.   It's always nice to be able to try out a polish that may be harder to find or expensive before adding it to the ever growing ISO list.  And to be honest, I'm never sure I'll ever actually finish a full bottle of anything, so just one use works really well!  Sometimes I'm sent a bottle to borrow for one use, or there are other times where a lovely friend sends me a decant of a special polish, which I love to give and receive.  These people are angels sent from heaven, and I am so thankful to have them in my life!  As such, I wanted to start a new mini-feature on the blog to showcase those lovely polishes loaned to me by these amazing women.  Today's installment is from the super sweet Sara from Born for a Storm who loaned me Lynnderella Sugar Magnolia, which I paired with Elevation Polish Mount Feathertop.

This polish was loaned to me by a friend or was purchased by myself.


Color:  Pale pinky-peach base with iridescent, pink, and white microglitters and larger pink, fuchsia, and neon pink glitters.


Finish: Microglitter – a polish with either a clear or colored base but that is packed with tiny glitters that build up to opacity in two to three coats and can be worn without undies.


Bottle / Brush:  Rectangle bottle – ribbed cap that is a little hard on the hands to open if you have sensitive skin.  The wand is the standard length, but the brush is a little too thin to pick up large / shaped glitter without fishing.  The brush's width is also an issue for spreading.  It doesn't fan out and pretty much requires you to dab polishes that are densely packed with glitter.


Opacity:  High – opaque to two coats!  Here, I've worn one coat over Elevation Polish Mount Feathertop, but it would look amazing on its own!
Glitter Application: Easy – Spreads evenly without much manipulation.


Consistency:  Medium – applies easily and doesn’t flood the cuticles.
Overall Ease of Application:  Easy – applies well without pooling, dragging, streaking, or balding.  Spreads evenly and smoothly.


Stampability: Not designed for stamping.
Dry Time:  Medium – dry to the touch with minimal smudging in 3-8 minutes.


Overall Thoughts:  While everyone knows that Lynnderella does glitter toppers AMAZINGLY well, I feel like she doesn't get enough love for her microglitters.  Every single one that I've tried so far has been just off the charts in amazingness.  Everything from application to consistency is perfect, and the fact that you can wear them all alone makes them hugely appealing.  I only chose to wear one coat of Sugar Magnolia because, since I borrowed this precious from a friend, I didn't want to make too much of a dent in her bottle.  If I ever get one for myself, though, I will definitely be trying it alone with 2 coats.  The glitters in this polish are gorgeous together and actually pretty unique.  I studied the crap out of it while it was on my nails, and I'm still not entirely certain what some of those glitters are! I had a few options of what to wear with this, but I went with the super dainty Elevation Mount Feathertop, which is a peachy-pink crelly.  I only used two coats, which didn't give full opacity, but I didn't really need for my undies to be fully opaque since the glitter itself did a great job with coverage.  If you get a chance to purchase this one, it's so worth it.  Gorgeous polish, flawless application, great staying power, and uber unique.

You can purchase Lynnderellas at their site here.  Follow their fan sites on Facebook and Instagram for news, updates, and giveaway opportunities!

One last super huge thank you again to Sara for trusting me to use this gorgeousness!  I'm so very very happy with the outcome, and I can't wait to see it on your fingers!

This polish was loaned to me by a friend or was purchased by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment