Thursday, August 7, 2014

Comparison Thursday: Light Blue Cremes

Tonight's post will be a bit... spotty...  I took these photos forever ago, and I'm a bit fuzzy on all of the application details.  Also, the pics are a bit dark and my skin is a bit dry, soooo just keep in mind that these are from almost two years ago now.  Ok, let's get to it!

All polishes were purchased by me.

Tonight's post consists of a few of my light blue cremes and one shimmer (I'm not sure why I put it in this comparison).  None of them are or near the same shade, so I guess let's get to the differences.


Deborah Lippmann Let's Hear it for the Boy, Elevation Polish Alphubel, OPI What's With the Cattitude, BarryM Blueberry Ice Cream, and China Glaze Electric Beat



Let's Hear it For the Boy



Let's Hear it For the Boy is a super pale blue almost periwinkle creme.  As you can see, application isn't flawless and the formula isn't self-leveling.  It took three coats for full opacity, and the first coat or two are still quite streaky.  This was a limited edition, but you can purchase other Deborah Lippmann polishes at Sephora.

Alphubel



Alphubel is a light blue with a strong icy blue shimmer.  It's got a bit of a grey undertone, but the shimmer is prominent on the nail.  The application was relatively easy, like with most Elevations, and took three coats for full opacity.  You can purchase Elevation Polishes at her store here.


What's With the Cattitude



WWtC is probably the most difficult with application in the whole set.  No matter how many times I try to wear this polish, it goes on in a streaky mess that refuses to dry.  I use about four coats, and you can still see some balding and streaking.  I really want to love this polish because the color is just so pretty and unique (it's the most teal of the group), but the application leaves much to be desired.  Again, this one has been long since discontinued, but I found it dusty hunting, which is why my bottle is almost dead.

Blueberry Ice Cream



I kind of really love BarryM polishes.  Application on this guy was fantastic and has a bit of a squishy look to it even though it's not a jelly.  This is the most blue of the five polishes in this set.  This is three coats to hit full opacity.  I received this bottle from a friend in the UK, but you can purchase BarryM polishes at Color4Nails.

Electric Beat



This is another one that I'm not sure why I added into this comparison as it's the most periwinkle of the group.  It's also not very light, either.  Electric Beat has a great formula like most China Glaze cremes, and only needed two coats for full opacity.  This is a core line polish, so you can find it at most beauty supply shops.

I have more light blues I could add to this comparison now, but that'll have to wait for another week.  I'll definitely let you know when I have more to add to the comparison!  Which is your favorite?

All polishes were purchased by me.

3 comments:

  1. I have 3 of these and agree with the formula on them - the DL, Cattitude, and Electric Beat. I really need that Barry M. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these comparison swatches. They are something I REALLY should start doing myself! At least then I'd have a clue what different shades look like on me AND if I have too many of the same color/dupes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheh, thank you! I try to do a comparison a week, so I hope I'm able to help you keep from buying something exactly (or close enough) like a polish you already have!

      Delete