Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pinks!

Happy New Year's Eve!  I hope everyone is having a great time tonight!  I'm currently going polish free for a bit while I grow out some damage spots, so I won't be showing off a NYE mani this time.  Instead, let's take a look at the third installment of my Enchanted Polish week!  Tonight's post features some gorgeous pinks, so let's get to it!


For this mani, I used Life in Plastic, As If, and September 2013.


For the base, I started with a layer of As If, which is a gorgeous milky baby pink holographic with strong blue shimmers.  My bottle is a decant, so I can't accurately speak to application issues.  After this base layer was dry, I then took my handy Elmer's Glue that I put into an old Seche Vite bottle and painted the skin around my fingers.  I did this to make cleanup later easier.  Now, once I've finish the mani, all I have to do is peel off the glue, and it'll take the excess paint around my fingers with it!  I swear by this trick every time I do a gradient and often times when I do stamping.  It's a huge time saver in the long run!



After laying down a base layer of As If, I then sponged on a gradient using As If and September 2013.  September is a medium pink linear holographic with a slight golden flash.  I sponged on two layers of gradient, which came out nicely.


Next, I added on a layer of Life in Plastic, which is pink shimmered neon pink glitter topcoat.  Application was a tad difficult because the glitter to base ratio is a bit more in favor of base to glitter.  I had to dig out some of the glitters, and even then I had to deal with pooling on my skin.  It definitely required cleanup, but that wasn't a deal breaker for this mani since I already had to do some cleanup for the gradient.


September is no longer available, but LiP and AI do pop up at EP's suppliers every once in a while.  Otherwise, you can find them on blog sales.  

No comments:

Post a Comment