Thursday, January 1, 2015

Comparison Thursday: Baby Blue Holos


First and foremost, happy new year!!  I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable night last night and are ready and refreshed for a new year!  I'm currently going without polish for a while, so I don't have a NYE/NY Day mani to show you guys.  Instead, we'll get back to our regularly scheduled program of comparisons on Thursdays!  I can't do an Enchanted Week without having a comparison including a few Enchanteds!  I decided to show you guys some lovely baby blues since they remind me of the icy cold weather.  Although, the temps have been in the 60s in Georgia, so it's not exactly icy...






A Little Fishy Told Me


Fishy isn't really blue, but more of a sage green with blue sparkles.  People had, at one point, claimed that Fishy and BS were dupes, but they very clearly are not.  Fishy is definitely not blue, so it's the outlier of this grouping.  Fishy is very thin, which pooled and required cleanup.  The thinness isn't really normal for most EP's, so I was a bit disappointed in the application.  It was opaque in 3 coats, and I used one coat of KBShimmer's Clearly on Top to give it a glossy look.



Zipper


Zipper is a little fluid, but doesn't pool too badly.  Luckily, the easy application meant that I only had minimal cleanup.  However, Zipper isn't very self-leveling, so there was some issues with streaking.  It's opaque in 2 coats, and I wore it with one coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top.  Zipper isn't shimmered like several of the other holos in this grouping, but it's the closest in color to BS - just very slightly lighter.  It's probably the least holo of the grouping.  As you can tell, it was able to ding it easily, so dry time was a little longer than the others.



Ballerina Sprinkles


Ballerina Sprinkles is the original milky baby blue holo.  While it's a lovely baby blue with a gorgeous strong pink shimmer, it is also super sheer.  BS is also extremely thin, so it pools a lot and requires a lot of cleanup.  It's the most shimmered and the most sheer of the group.  It's opaque in 4 coats.



Glimmering Lake


GL is fluid, but didn't flood my cuticles on the first coat.  It's very strongly gold shimmered with lovely gold microflakies.  It's a tad darker than BS but only 3rd darkest of this grouping.  It's also fully opaque in 3 coats.  Application was super easy and didn't require cleanup.



Hottest Spot North of Havanah


Havanah is the darkest of the bunch and has the best application.  Very little cleanup was needed. Havanah was opaque in 2 coats.  It dries matte, so I wore it with one coat of KBShimmer's Clearly on Top.

Which is your favorite?  For me, it's a toss up between Ballerina Sprinkles and Glimmering Lake.

4 comments:

  1. I like A Little Fishy the best. It's best fairly cold here with a pretty cold wind chill on top of that, so I've been hibernating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Fishy is lovely with that gorgeous blue shimmer, but it's just not a baby blue. It's more of a sage green. I remember when people thought it was a dupe to BS, and it's clearly not! They aren't even the same base color, lol!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic, thorough review! I love your comparison posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I've missed them so much and have about a million in draft form waiting for me to edit the photos ;)

      Delete