Friday, January 2, 2015

Yellow!

And now we've come to the last mani for this week's Enchanted Polish theme.  I still have a million more EP's to show you guys, but I'll hold off on those for a little while.  Today, I've got some lovely pastels that I was honestly afraid wouldn't work right with my skin tone.  I was, however, pleasantly surprised to find that both of these yellows worked well for me, and I loved wearing them!  Let's take a look at Enchanted Polish Serendipity with accents of Whimsical Ideas by Pam Hatched.






Serendipity is a yellow linear holographic with a strong red flash.  The holographic flame isn't quite as bright as most of the EPs I own, but it's hard to get a strong rainbow when you have a delicate pastel base.  Application was easy without pooling and didn't require much cleanup.  I used three coats for full opacity.  Dry time was average with one coat of KBShimmer's Clearly on Top.



Hatched is a lovely yellow crelly based polish with pink, fuchsia, and lavender hexes as well as blue/green iridescent hexes and shreds.  Application was amazingly easy, and there wasn't any pooling or need for cleanup.  I wore three coats without undies because I wanted to get that lovely depth you get when you wear glitter crellies.  Dry time was average with one coat of KBShimmer's Clearly on Top.  I only needed one coat of topcoat because the glitters were very tame on their own.




Both of these are older polishes and are a bit harder to find, but they do pop up on blog sales every once in a while!  Just keep your eyes peeled!

4 comments:

  1. Hatched is so cool looking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right?! I just wish that it wasn't discontinued =/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect pairing! I own Hatched and is my favorite yellow so far :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm usually not too into yellow, but I really love this one!

      Delete